Last Saturday, my church band coordinator and her husband held a potluck dinner at their house with the band members and youth ministry leaders. It was a great night of fun, conversations, and everyone brought their A game when it came to food. I brought a main dish, a lamb stew, which I’ll share on the next post. I also brought an amuse bouche (mouth amuser), to kick off the party, which also ties into my main dish. Hope you all enjoy this one. This recipe serves approximately 8-12 people.
Cucumber Mint Yogurt
- 1 mini cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint (chopped)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Large Scallops
- Cooking Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Sweet Paprika
- Mix all ingredients for the Cucumber Mint Yogurt in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat pan, and pour some cooking oil.
- Put the scallops in the heated pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear each side for about 3 minutes.
- Remove scallops from pan and cut into 8ths.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan.
- Add the sweet paprika.
- Add the cut up pieces of scallops to the pan, and mix them with the sauce.
- Remove cut up pieces of scallops from pan.
- On a ceramic soup spoon, add 1 piece of scallop and add a dollop of cucumber mint yogurt, then add another piece of scallop.