I know summer’s almost over, and school’s about to begin, but the summer season’s not done for a few more months. While we can still enjoy this warm weather, I have a nice beverage recipe for you all. I got the idea from a friend’s girlfriend’s mom during my friend’s housewarming party sometime in the spring. She made some limeade but used the whole lime…juice, rinds, seeds, and all. It got me thinking, so here’s one I came up with.
We have a Magic Bullet personal blender at home, so all measurements are meant for a 22oz blender mug. So just adjust the ratios accordingly.
- 1/4 slice Lemon
- 1/2 slice Lime
- 1/2 slice Mandarin Orange
- 2 tsp Honey (or more to taste)
- Place the lemon, lime, and mandarin orange slices in the blender mug.
- Fill with water.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Strain contents into a big mug or pitcher.
- Add honey and stir.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
You can also turn it up a notch by adding an ounce of rum or vodka. If you do, please remember to drink responsibly, and don’t drink and drive. Cheers!