I haven’t shared a recipe in a while, so it’s about time I got back to the kitchen to cook something up for you all. Just a word of warning…this may be quite unhealthy, with all the fattening ingredients, but hey, we can all indulge once in a while, right? So, remember when I said in a previous post about the Good Food Festival & Market that I bought a pack of super hot pepperettes and they would feature in a future blog? This is that blog.
I was thinking of using the pepperettes with chicken or fish, but decided to do a pasta dish instead. We all love comfort food, and Mac & Cheese is one of the popular ones, especially since they’re readily available in your local grocery and easy to make out of the box; but, nothing beats homemade Mac & Cheese. This is essentially a Mac & Cheese recipe, but I’m not using macaroni in this dish, but a pasta called Capunti. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and take this moment to indulge.
- 1000g Capunti Pasta
- 3 Medium Sized Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Medium Sized Red Onion (diced)
- 150g Super Hot Pepperettes (diced)
- 380g Tex Mex Blend Shredded Cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Monterey Jack)
- 380g Double Cheddar Blend Shredded Cheese (White & Mild Cheddar)
- 475g Ricotta Cheese
- 1 L Buttermilk
- 100g Jamon Serrano
- 1 Pkg Ground Sirloin
- Ground Black Pepper
- Red Wine
- 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- Olive Oil
- Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta for 2/3rds of the required time.
- Drain water from pasta and stop cooking process with cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large pot and pour some olive oil.
- Add the Jamon Serrano and wait until it crisps up.
- Add the diced onions and cook until slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot and cook until slightly stewed.
- Add the Ground Sirloin, and season with Ground Black Pepper and Paprika.
- Pour some Red Wine into the pot so the mixture doesn’t dry up.
- Once the Sirloin has been cooked and sauce reduced, add the diced Pepperettes.
- Add the Buttermilk and thicken with flour.
- Turn stove off, and add Ricotta cheese to the mixture and stir well.
- Pour the pasta into the pot and mix well.
- Add the Tex Mex blend shredded cheese and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pour mixture in glass bakeware.
- Top mixture with the Double Cheddar blend shredded cheese.
- Season with some Ground Black Pepper.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! ‘Til next time…