Yesterday, after I got home from work, I decided I wanted to make a pasta dish that I wanted to share with you the readers and fellow bloggers. I searched through the pantry and counter top to see what was available. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed yet, but the majority, if not all of my dishes contain cayenne peppers or ground chili peppers. I love a little bit of heat, to add another layer of complexity to the dish. You won’t usually feel the het on your taste buds, but you’ll have a nice warm feeling all over your body.
For my last few recipes, I’ve been quite good at trying to provide exact measurements for all ingredients. For this dish, I won’t be able to be as helpful as I just went with the flow. The purpose of this recipe is p give you an idea of the ingredients and to test it out for yourself and see what works.
- 250g Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 can Tuna
- 3 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 100 mL Tequila
- Agave Nectar
- Kosher Salt, pinch
- Ground Black Pepper
- Ground White Pepper
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Crushed Chili Peppers, pinch
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a pot, bring water to a boil.
- Put Spaghetti noodles in pot, and cook.
- Drain water from pasta and set aside.
- Heat pot and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add the 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup pecans and lightly roast.
- Add the diced tomatoes.
- Add a pinch of salt and the rest of the spices.
- Cook until tomatoes have softened and turned to mush.
- Add 100mL Tequila.
- Add a squeeze of Agave Nectar.
- Add a can of Tuna .
- Toss Spaghetti noodles in the pot and mix.
- Add more Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss Spaghetti noodles some more.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe!