Last Friday, I used about 2 Tbsps of goat yogurt to make my chèvre-miso ramen. So last Monday, I had a little bit of a dilemma as to what to do with a nearly full container of yogurt. I thought of a ton of different recipes, but remembered I still had some bittersweet chocolate squares left over from making some cookies, so why not make something from the leftovers?
I decided to make some frozen yogurt…I don’t have an ice cream maker, so this literally is frozen yogurt. You can substitute regular yogurt for the goat yogurt if preferred. So here’s what I came up with.
- 1 container (500g) Goat Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 squares (112g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 Lemon
- Pour the yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, brown sugar, kosher salt, and ground chilies, and mix them together with a spatula.
- Add the melted semi-sweet chocolate and mix well.
- Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice and add some lemon zest to the mixture and continue to lightly mix.
- Add the walnuts and pecans and mix.
- Put mixture in a container, cover, and freeze for a few hours.